The Certificate in Neuroscience Program at PC offers a select number of biology and psychology majors the opportunity to delve deeply into discovering more about the nervous system — through topical courses, hands-on research opportunities, and engaging internships.
The brain. We know the adult version weighs about three pounds. We know it’s more powerful than any computer. But, what we don’t know about the brain is just as fascinating.
What causes Alzheimer’s and autism? How do we treat depression and addiction? How will knowing more about the brain affect family life or health care costs? These are the questions that Neuroscience research aims to answer.
Throughout the program you’ll be challenged. After the program, you’ll be prepared — for a job or graduate education in a field at the forefront of science.
Resources for Students:
- Society for Neuroscience
- The Journal of Neuroscience
- Neuroscience @ The National Institutes of Health
- Brain Technology and Neuroscience Research Centre
- Society for Clinical Neuropsychology
- Encyclopedia of Psychology
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
- Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience